A virtual training platform for active shooter and other critical incidents is available to first responders through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate (DHS S&T) and the U.S. Army Research Laboratory (ARL). The Enhanced Dynamic Geo-social Environment (EDGE) is a multiplayer, scalable, online environment which trains responders, single agencies or cross agency, jurisdiction, or discipline for a coordinated response to active shooter incidents. EDGE allows responders to collaboratively role-play complex scenarios in a virtual environment, improving…Continue reading
Computer Hardware/Software Technology Issue
The September/October 2017 issue is our annual Computer Hardware/Software Technology edition.
Highlights from this issue include:
• Automated License Plate Recognition: An Insider’s Look
• The Use of Textalyzer Technology to Curb Distracted Driving
• Grant Resources and Guidance for Law Enforcement
• Vehicle Pursuit Technology
• Capture! Not Combat
• Moving Up the Ladder: How to Build a Successful Career
• And Much More!