Eugene Nielsen Incidents such as an active shooter or mass casualty call necessitate that law enforcement personnel be prepared to provide immediate life-saving first aid to injured civilians; fellow officers; and, perhaps, even themselves. Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) for EMS and law enforcement is an adaptation of military Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), whose guidelines differ from the Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) guidelines on which civilian trauma care has been based. TECC teaches EMS practitioners and other prehospital…Continue reading
The January/February 2019 issue is our annual SWAT/Tactical Operations edition.
Highlights from this issue include:
• Various Types and Applications of Armored Rescue Vehicles
• The Individual First Aid Kit (Trauma Kit): Every Officer Should Carry One
• S.W.A.T. Management Software
• GLOCK® Continues Its Pursuit of Perfection
• Education 101: Criminal Justice vs. Homeland Security Degree
• Stopping the Bad Guys in Their Tracks
• And Much More!