The Office of Community Oriented Policing (COPS) published a report based on a daylong forum held on December 10, 2019, to discuss the challenges of law enforcement recruitment and retention, specifically focused on these issues in relation to smaller, more rural law enforcement agencies. The 32 participants included police chiefs, captains, lieutenants, academic experts, researchers, and agency directors of state police standards. The forum’s small size allowed for a wide-ranging discussion which focused on the qualities which make an effective…Continue reading
The January/February 2021 issue is our annual SWAT/Tactical Operations edition
Highlights from this issue include:
- Ready Bags and Packs for Law Enforcement
- Are Dynamic Entries No Good?
- Taking Aim at the Dark – What Every Officer Needs to Know About Night Sights
- Advancing Your Career with Education
- Protecting Officers: Ballistic Armor for Police Vehicles
- And Much More!