John G. Peters, Jr., Ph.D. © 2023. A.R.R. Forewarned is forearmed! While there is no such thing as a “perfect [law enforcement force option] policy,” this trusted saying applies to the numerous land mines hidden in plain sight within the new 2023 IACP “Electronic Control Weapons” (ECWs) Model Policy and the Concepts and Issues supporting document which were recently released. This September 2023 Model Policy replaces the IACP’s March 2018 version. As an Associate Member of the IACP, this article…Continue reading
The November/December 2023 issue is our annual Law Enforcement Training edition.
Highlights from this issue include:
- How to Evaluate Your Law Enforcement Training Plan
- Why Your Agency Should Combine Virtual and Physical Training
- Transportation 2024: The 26th Annual Report on the Latest in Police Vehicles, Components and Aftermarket Equipment
- Beating Back Father Time: Firearms Tips for Seasoned Officers
- Beware the Land Mines: 2023 IACP ECW Model Policy
- Body Armor and Ballistic Protection Equipment
- And Much More!